2 decal variants:
1. SAI 403 Dardo, Italian A.F., July 1943
2. SAI 403 Dardo, captured by Luftwafe, Vergiate, North Italy, 1943
The Stefanutti-designed S.403 flew for the first time in January 1943, powered by an Isotta-Fraschini R.C.21/60 engine of 750hp which provided a max. speed of 648 km/h. The armament was two 20-mm MG 151 cannon in the wings and two 12.7-mm Breda machine-guns above the engine. The Dardo--C was to be a long-range version with increased internal fuel and two drop tanks. An order for 3000 was placed, but only the prototype flew.