5 decal variants:
1. Miles Magister, El Kabrit, Egypt, June 1943
2. "Maggiebomber" experimental, RAF, 1940
3. Miles Magister, Estonian Aviation Regiment, Third Division, 1936-1940
4. Miles Magister, A.15-1 of the RAAF in 1938, Australia
5. Miles Magister, 307. Squadron RAF, Jurby, January 1941
Affectionately known as the Maggie, the Magister was based on Miles' civilian Hawk Major and Hawk Trainer and was the first monoplane designed specifically as a trainer for the RAF. As a low-wing monoplane, it was an ideal introduction to the Spitfire and Hurricane for new pilots. Its sister design, the Miles Master was an advanced trainer also built by Phillips & Powis at Woodley.